Started Jan 12, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
iMatt
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Help with Nikon Coolscan V ED
Jan 12, 2013

I tagged this question onto another thread where it didn't really belong - and I'm not even sure if this is the right place for it, but here goes.

I have a Nikon Coolscan V ED.  I bought it new some years ago but have only just now tried using it for the first time (on an iMac with Vuescan software).  I am having a lot of trouble getting it to except my 35mm negative film strips and would like to here from other coolscan users.

The manual states that the film should be inserted film base side up (emulsion side down).  So far the few times I can get the scanner to except the strip is has been the other way around - no idea why it is being so difficult, or why when it works it only takes the film the wrong way.  I am not especially impressed with the scans I have acchieved so far - but that may be because the wrong side of the film is being scanned (perhaps other owners could tell me if that makes a difference).  As a referance I seem to get better results sticking the corresponding 6x4 print on a cheap flatbed - so something clearly isn't right.

I am close to giving up which leaves me with a scanner that is supposed to be very good that I will have little option but to throw away (although they seem to see now for twice what i paid for it new, I can't sell if it doesn't work).

Perhaps someone could suggest somewhere in the UK I could get it checked and if necesary fixed - if it is the case that it is not working properly (as opposed to me doing something wrong, or having too high expectations of what it can achieve).

Hope someone can help.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow