Why no FF equiv. to EF-S 17-55/2.8?

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
David Naylor
Contributing MemberPosts: 652Gear list
Like?
Re: Does "confusing and unnecessary"...
In reply to G Rothwell, Jan 12, 2013

G Rothwell wrote:

If you are lucky enough to have both FF and crop chances are you won't ever worry about this. You don't buy different cameras to get the same images! I use the 5D mk2 for landscape and the 7D for wildlife.

If you are trying to decide which is better for you, you need to think about what is important in your photos. FF has an advantage if you want shallow DoF, crop has an advantage for telephoto. Everything else (that I can think of) is more specific to the camera itself, getting value for money, do you only want to buy FF lenses in case you go to FF from crop, flash control, etc.

Graham

Good points. I guess I'm not really striving to make the same images. What tempts me is the increased resolution for landscape shots and potentially shallower depth of field for portraits and other types of shots.

David Naylor's gear list:David Naylor's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow