Epson 3880 - which utilities to run when first setting up printer?

Started Aug 29, 2010 | Discussions thread
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,314
Like?
Re: Epson 3880 - which utilities to run when first setting up printer?
In reply to dperez, Jan 12, 2013

dperez wrote:

My 3880 arrived yesterday, and I've got the same question...

The nozzle check was easy, and appears to be fine.

I went into the user guide and ran the AUTOMATIC print head adjustment. Do I understand correctly that this test, will actually ensure that the heads are optimally adjusted? If so, is there any point running the MANUAL adjustment - do I really figure I'll be more accurate that the automatic test?

And, running the "microweave" adjustment sounds interesting, but I can't find anything that says how to do this... HOW do I run the microweave adjustment, and is it automatic or manual?

Is there anything ELSE I should be doing? I saw a bidirectional alignment, but I presume I don't need to worry about that?

Just run the auto alignment and before that a nozzle check. Your 3800 can print great in High Speed ( By Directional ) mode. So it will lay down ink with each pass of the print head and effectively print about twice as fast as when printing with High Speed turn off or Unidirectional.

For the printer to print flawlessly in High Speed, your head aligment must be perfect. Thus the need to run the auto align before serious printing is to comence.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow