Do you think the image of SD14(SD15/DP1/2) is cleaner than that of SD1m(DP1m/2m) ?

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Questions thread
xpatUSA
Senior MemberPosts: 2,020Gear list
Like?
Re: Do you think the image of SD14(SD15/DP1/2) is cleaner than that of SD1m(DP1m/2m) ?
In reply to michaeli, Jan 12, 2013

michaeli wrote:

I found that there are more purple and green noise in the dark area of the images of the SD1m than that of the Sd14 when both in low ISO (ISO 100). Is the noise related to the Dynamic performance or is that just little purple fringes caused by lenses?

I think SD1m should have better dynamic performance than SD14, what do you think?

I own neither camera but, in theory, I would expect "cleaner" performance from the SD14 (all other things being equal) - based solely on pixel area and therefore well capacity. Pixel pitches are 7.8um and 4.9um so the SD14 has over twice the active area.

The discussion might be muddied by versions of SPP, default noise reduction, etc.

In my view, giving in to the Marketing Grail of ever-more MP's is a retrograde step, although I do recognize that some folks like to make large prints.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Ted.

xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Sigma SD9 Sigma SD10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow