Good "tourist" lens for Canon full-frame cameras

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jaims
Senior MemberPosts: 2,069Gear list
Like?
Re: 24-105 is a decent go to lens, maybe better on APS-H?
In reply to PhotoKhan, Jan 12, 2013

PhotoKhan wrote:

Jaims wrote:

PhotoKhan wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

"Decent" is an understatement.

Nice pictures, PK.

Thanks Jaims!

np! These are really great pix.

I love my 24-105, but I like it better mounted on my 1D3 than either on my 5D/5D3 or 7D.

I find the 'multipurpose' zoom range is better on APS-H (31-136 aprox 35mm equiv) and I even like better the IQ delivered by the combo.

Yes...I find it also perfect in my 1DMKIV (...and the previously owned 1DMKIII)

Yep, I thought you would appreciate the statement referred to a APS-H and namely the 1D3, as I know you were very fond of it.

The fact that I find it lacking in the wide end but just a tiny bit indicates that the Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 L IS USM will something to consider when I finally go FF, in the future

Sure, it is a bit lacking in the wide end but I don't usually miss it... and then again the gain in the tele end is welcome. I've thought a bit about the 28-300 but it is a bit on the big side to me.

(...There's a Jordi in FM commenting about the 28-300 back in 2011...was that you?)

Nope, that wasn't me. As much as I enjoy lurking on the FM forums, I've never published a comment there (btw my first name is Jaime, not Jordi but somehow close )

Take care PK. Regards

PK

-- hide signature --

“Loose praise may feed my ego but constructive criticism advances my skills”
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.pbase.com/photokhan
(PBase Supporter)
-------------------------------------------------

Jaims's gear list:Jaims's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow