D600 kit from B&H. Did they send a returned camera?

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Questions thread
PhotosByBlueRidge
Regular MemberPosts: 193Gear list
Like?
Re: I believe your D600 has been "tried" by other B&H customer before you
In reply to pixl10, Jan 12, 2013

I had a similar experience with my first order from amazon... I anxiously awaited its arrival after I ordered during the 'free lens' deal.. It arrived and I opened it carefully to get the battery and charger out to charge the battery.. when I got home from work I went to open the box and checkout the D600.. thats when I found the manual bag was torn open.. there was a foam bag folded up on top of the camera.. the camera was just sitting on top of bubble wrap.. I picked it up and noticed right away there was smudges and fingerprints on the rear LCD cover.. When I opened the box for the lens it was just sitting in the box.. I put the battery in and turned it on and it was in another language.. I tried to figure out how to switch it to english but got frustrated and called Nikon tech support.. the guy walked me through changing it back to english and then asked me to check shutter actuations.. so I took a few shots then checked them on my computer.. it showed over 700 actuations.. so I called amazon and they arranged for UPS to pick this one up at the same time they sent me a new shipment.. it arrived and i was VERY careful when I opened this one.. first thing I did was charge battery and then test shutter actuation.. it showed 1 actuation and the file names started with 600_001 phew.. I bet that someone bought it.. shot a bunch of shots to test for dust.. noticed dust and then put it back in the box.. returned it to amazon but didnt mention they 'tested' it.. either that or amazon knew it had been opened and resold it.. maybe it was an accident.. either way all I could think was "WHY ME??"  so far this new D600 is doing great..

-- hide signature --

BlueRidge

PhotosByBlueRidge's gear list:PhotosByBlueRidge's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Nikon D600
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow