So, what do you do with the soft lens cases that come with your Nikkors?

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
jmiller1948
Contributing MemberPosts: 730Gear list
Like?
Actually I Do Use Them (Everybody Laugh at Me!)
In reply to paulski66, Jan 12, 2013

Obviously I'm in a distinct minority, but I do use mine.  I try to keep my bags, backpacks, and cases as clean as possible, but inevitably dust and other stuff gets in.  I figure the soft pouch is one more barrier to getting dust and dirt on the front and rear lens caps and the barrel of the lens itself.  Thus I may have a slightly lower chance of getting dust into my camera bodies and on the sensor as I change lenses.

I know that's somewhat of a reach and the extra protection is minimal at best, but what the heck.  It might take me an extra three seconds to change lenses with them in the soft cases, but I rarely miss a shot because of a three second delay.  I have other OCD tendencies also; thus far I don't need drugs to control them!

-- hide signature --

Joel
There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.
Ernst Haas

jmiller1948's gear list:jmiller1948's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow