Some more budget photography

Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Andy Hewitt
Senior MemberPosts: 2,663Gear list
Like?
Re: Some more budget photography
In reply to faith_ps, Jan 12, 2013
faith_ps wrote:

I would not trust so much on that old lens.

Not really sure what you mean by that? Surely a lens will work or not! What's to 'trust'. I have used a good selection of old lenses now, and they are either sharp or not, sometimes they have an odd quirk, like a need to be stopped down, or some chromatic aberration, but they're well known issues with old lenses, and can often be worked around.

But for the macro capability I think its OK. I still prefer the 40-150 kit lens ED version which has min focus dist of 90cm for a pseudo macro.

I only have the Mk1 40-150, which doesn't focus that close, although I now have a Sigma 55-200, which is a little better, but not quite as sharp. I didn't know the ED version went that close - is that at 150mm, or only at 40mm?

In my experience, sometimes you can get an old 'legacy' lens that performs equally as well as the newer digital lenses.

The 3rd one is very well composed indeed.

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Andy Hewitt
Using Olympus E-420 and Apple Mac Mini '09.

Andy Hewitt's gear list:Andy Hewitt's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple Aperture Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 4S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow