Really tempted to swap the lot - Would you?

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ralph46
Senior MemberPosts: 1,182Gear list
Like?
Re: Really tempted to swap the lot - Would you?
In reply to mibu2011, Jan 12, 2013

Just 2 weeks ago a sold my complete 60D setup (about 5kg) because of size and weight. Actually one of the last deciding factors was the excellent work of a friend who had done the same and gotten a Fujifilm X100. Amazing what you can do with just 1 focal length.

I wanted to go light but that was just too restrictive. I examined the Oly E-PL5 and O-MD as well as the Sony NEX-6. Those new mft sensors are amazing. EOS-M was just too uninspiring, and I didn't want to keep my big EF and EF-S lenses.

Now I have a NEX-6 and use the 16-50PZ most of the time. Not quite as good as my old EF-S 15-85 but you can't see the difference on 12x16" prints, so what the hell.

Somehow I just don't see too many "amateurs" running around in 5 years with large DSLRs with flapping mirrors and huge lenses. Pros will be doing this, but for the rest I see the mirrorless cameras dominating.

With the lack of committment to the EOS-M system, Canon seems to be of the opposite opinion.

-- hide signature --

Ralph46's gear list:Ralph46's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow