Wasabi batteries with Nikon dslr (d600 e.g.)

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
aVolanche
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,556Gear list
Like?
Re: Wasabi batteries with Nikon dslr (d600 e.g.)
In reply to Daniel Lauring, Jan 12, 2013

Daniel Lauring wrote:

movielvr wrote:

thanks for the response...but...what i'm worried about is...can ni-con tell?

Only if you ship your camera in for service with an offbrand battery. I've used offbrand batteries for 10 years and never had a single incident...literally hundreds of batteries. I have had one or two die early and generally they do not have the capacity of the OEM, but at 1/10th the price, I'm OK with that.

This is exactly my experience. I've used CHEAP 3rd party batteries for years with absolutely zero problems, other than capacity is a bit lower. Out of 75-100 batteries (across P&S, APS-C,FX, and bridge cameras from Nikon, Canon, Panasonic, Olympus)....only 2 have failed...just stop taking a charge. If I saved (conservatively!) $20 per battery, that's $1,500 to $2,000. Many of these batteries cost $5 or so, from China. I usually buy 2 or 3 extras at a time.

For me, I think of it like extended warrantees. I NEVER buy them. And over the years I have saved a boatload of money when I compare service costs to extended warrantee costs.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow