Is this lens setup too limiting?

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Questions thread
Ryan Ly
Contributing MemberPosts: 595Gear list
Like?
Re: Is this lens setup too limiting?
In reply to Doug_PS, Jan 12, 2013

If you're not fussed with changing lenses and want max sharpness, then your plan is sound.

I personally don't enjoy changing lenses (the reason why I just purchased the 15-85 IS even though I have a the 17-85 IS and a Sigma 10-20) for my 600D. Had I been shooting FF, I'd have gotten a 24-105.

I have the 85 f/1.8 myself and, of course, there are times I wish I had it with me while traveling.

However, one reason why I don't like changing lenses when on holidays, besides the inconvenience while on a tour, is that some places aren't the safest to be standing around and taking out a bunch of expensive lenses. It's the old risk/reward dilemma in such areas... risk being a higher level target with all that gear for the reward of the shots you want? Only you can answer that.

Ideally, you'd have the 24-105 or 24-70 as a choice for the times you don't want to be advertising your lens collection.

Ryan Ly's gear list:Ryan Ly's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Nikon 1 V1 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 Canon EOS 350D +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow