FF vs DX

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
jfriend00
Forum ProPosts: 11,105
Like?
Re: FF vs DX
In reply to kpaschall, Jan 12, 2013

kpaschall wrote:

Can anyone who has experience with both give me the high points on FF vs DX and a D600 vs. a new D7000 for example based on my needs?

Video isn't a primary concern as I use my Canon HF G10 for sports video.

I'm sure either direction will be fine but i'm struggling over which platform to move to. I've got a D90 with the kit lens that i'm going to pass down to my son and leaning toward getting a full frame. The size and price of D600 appeals to me but could always go with a used body. But i'm at a point where I want to get some good lenses so i'm not clear if FF is a better fit than DX for me. Camera will be used for the broad range of family pictures, travel, but also a lot of kids sports, both indoors (basketball) and outdoor football and baseball. I may rent the 70-200 2.8 lens for catching some of the indoor sports initially and get a couple good primes to start.

What is your maximum budget for body and lenses?  If your budget is limited at all, then you're interested in the best tradeoff that gets you the right lenses for what you shoot and an appropriate body to fit in that budget.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
CostNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow