new Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 again? But now with weather sealing for sports?

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
MICHAEL_61
Senior MemberPosts: 2,127
Like?
Re: Samples here - previous post truncated due to computer glitch
In reply to joger, Jan 12, 2013

1) my samples are not web sized, I uploaded full sized files for you, you can click on view original and inspect them at 100%.

2) the night portrait and the lion are shot wide open, the lion with 2x TC.

3) I never shoot at ISO higher than 800 unless I absolutely must, 3200 is not good enough quality for processing.

joger wrote:

MICHAEL_61 wrote:

well - the problem with not having both lenses side by side is the fact that web sized images always look good if you use a proper workflow.

I will rent the 120-300 OS Sport once it is available at the Sigma rental service in Germany and shoot side by side with two 5D IIs with precise manual live view focussing and then we will have a better picture. But from your images I can not really tell whether it would suit my needs.

5D II ISO 3200 handheld with 300 f/2.8 II and 2x III at resulting 600 mm f/5.6

Do you happen to have some animal photos at ISO 3200 with 2x at f/5.6 rather then f/11 - would be interesting to see the comparison

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow