The Silver Fox
Junior MemberPosts: 45Gear list
Like?
Re: Hopeful X100s Improvement
In reply to rattymouse, Jan 12, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

John Carson wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

I'm hoping that the awful lens flare of the X100 is gone with the new camera. I dont know if this is a realistic hope as the lens is the same.

According to Imaging Resource:

"While the original X100's lens had a lot going for it, it came up decidedly short in the area of flare. Put a bright object against a darker background, especially in the corners when shooting wide open, and you'd get some truly horrific lens flare. We commented at the time that it was some of the worst we'd seen. We were far from the only ones voicing this criticism, and Fujifilm apparently took it to heart, as one of the improvements they called attention to in their presentation was a new lens-coating technology, which they call HT-EBC; High Transmittance Electronic Beam Coating. The proof will be in the shooting, but we're hopeful that they've managed to address a critical flaw in an otherwise ground-breaking camera."

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/fuji-x100s/fuji-x100sA.HTM

Thanks John,

I am not encouraged by this theory as my XF1 has the same "HT-EBC" and it flares quite a lot.

We'll see. Maybe this actually means something on the X100s.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

Quite right, Rattymouse. The proof will be in the pudding. We'll have to wait and see.

Still, it's quite encouraging to see just how keenly Fuji listened to our criticisms and those of reviewers. The X100S seems to be a genuinely solid attempt to address all our concerns, and that is quite encouraging.

The Silver Fox's gear list:The Silver Fox's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 Canon PowerShot G11 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Fujifilm X-A1 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
NoNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow