Basic setup for photographing glass?

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jefenator
Senior MemberPosts: 1,460Gear list
Like?
Working w/ the new Fresnel
In reply to DecibelPhoto, Jan 12, 2013

The Arri 150 watt Fresnel finally arrived, yesterday! It will probably take all winter for me to begin to learn how to use it properly but I can already tell it is going to be a valuable tool.

New super duper high-tech studio (yes, that is my kitchen fridge in the background)

The ability to contain the light with is definitely welcome. Shots like this were really not feasible with the old flood light:

Snoot Trial w/ Black Backdrop

The narrower source is nice, too. Sometimes I can even get sun stars!

Indoor Sun Star WIN

I like to experiment and get at least a few flattering lighting scenarios for each item I list on ETSY.

One paperweight - many moods

I've got a lot of cold winter nights and a lot of work to try and sell, so this should keep me busy for quite some time! Thanks for all the pointers everyone!

Oh, and by the way, definitely feel free to urge me to reconsider tripod non-usage absolutely any time! I don't know what I was thinking, trying to do all my "studio" shots hand-held, but I've come to my senses. The advantages and benefits were just too numerous to ignore...

Jefenator's gear list:Jefenator's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS M Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow