D600 kit from B&H. Did they send a returned camera?

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Photozgalor
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
D600 kit from B&H. Did they send a returned camera?
Jan 12, 2013

Hi

I have been reading these forums for the last year. This is my first post. I decided to buy a D600 with kit lens, previously shot both D70 and D40. I got the kit from B&H today and was super excited to open it. I was a bit disturbed to find the contents of the kit. First off, the lens box was is in a flimsy square cardboard box (like those refurb ones) smashed in. I lifted the lens box and the lens fell out. It is a plain white box with a sticker in the bottom with serial no. the hood has a separate box and the lens manual was lying separately also. So I decided to watch a few unboxing videos, the lens box on those videos look nothing like mine, they all seem to be rectangular and the hood box seems to be incorporated in them and "24-85 VR" is written on the outside of box. I then switched the camera on, the shutter ct was 5, that did not bother me much but what I found puzzling was that usually when you switch a new camera on the first thing it asks you to do is to set date and time and time zone but this one was already set to Chicago time and the date was 01/03. I would like to know if anyone on the forum has experienced the receipt of a kit like this? Is this normal? I have attached a few iphone photos.

Any help will be deeply appreciated. To me it looks like a returned camera with a refurb lens placed in the kit. Oh BTW the rear cap of the lens has a few scratches.

Thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D40 Nikon D600 Nikon D70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow