Wide Aircraft Cockpit Photography Advice.

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
planeshooter72
Forum MemberPosts: 74
Like?
Wide Aircraft Cockpit Photography Advice.
Jan 12, 2013

So, after getting my new Canon 10-22mm I decided to take it to take it to work and shoot some "office" shots. Hand-held, on my 50D I used Av mode with f3.5-4, at 10mm and tinkered with the ISO between 600-1600, in one of the pix I used the internal flash. All pix came out blurry and noisy! The sky was overcast so not much ambient light was available. I turned the dome light on/off and even turned all the displays/overhead lights on - still blurry. Should I have brought my Canon 580exII external flash, possibly using Manual mode with ISO around 800? Or do I need a tripod and long exposure, for these types of shots? Any hints/tips/suggestions are greatly appeciated.

I'd like to avoid bringing my tripod, as i already have enough baggage to lug around!

Shooting wide outside, daytime/sunny is no problem for me ISO100 and f8-11 seem to work fine in Av mode - but close quarter, dimly lit cockpit are a challenge so far. Granted this was day one with the new lens.

Canon EOS 50D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow