Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Elevated Visual
Junior MemberPosts: 44
Like?
RX1 "pocket rocket" run and gun set up.
Jan 12, 2013

Was on a production set a few days ago with a Sony 700 and Sony F3 videocams. Wanted to get some B roll of the production decided to use the RX1 for close-up interviews. So we slapped together some hardware and it actually worked very well. This weekend in postproduction I'll get to see how the video footage holds up to color grading with the main footage. May try to put it on the external video recorder for experimentation. I put on a manfrotto plate on the pistol grip to slip on and off a mono pod. The length to the plate also allowed the camera and the zacuto EVF to balance on it's own on the desktop. the Zacuto really helped with stability when off the monopod and critical exposure and focus.

For sound I had a Zoom H4n recorder to Control the sound levels. I strapped it on the top of the release plate so I could see the meters and it add weight to the bottom of the rig so it balanced like a steady cam effect. There is some moire in the video footage which  is expected with such high megapixel sensor. It can be controlled in scenes where does arise with a little underexposure and filtering in post. Overall it's no worse than my Canon 5D3.

I connected to a 7 inch production field IPS panel with Waveform, Vector Scope, & RGB Parade to monitor the signal Quality and exposure accuracy. It performed much more accurately than the NEX five or seven series.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow