Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: The full frame video myth
In reply to William Porter, Jan 12, 2013

William Porter wrote:

jydurocher wrote:

There are a couple of myths regarding Full Frame video shooting, they need some exploration.

Hope this help some who want to know…

I want to know but I'm a video virgin and you lost me just after "exploration".

What is the "myth"? By calling it a myth, I'm guessing your point is that it's something people commonly believe but that just isn't true. Am I warm? Is the myth that there isn't really any "full frame video"? What do we call video taken on (say) an A99 or a Canon 6D? Told you, I'm a real beginner.

Thanks,

Will

The myth is that you need the biggest sensor to take the best video. It's common here for the A-99 and their Canon and Nikon counterparts forum. It has almost become an aticle of faith that unless you shoot video with a full frame camera you are not shhoting real video.

Which is to be polite 'untrue'.

The best way for a virgin to loose that status is to learn by the book and get some exercise. May I suggest the Vimeo Video School, perfect from beginners, and old geezer like me. http://vimeo.com/videoschool/ You always learn something when you admit your ignorance, the ignorant never learns and believes the myth.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow