Jessops goes into administration

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Paul Hurdtch
Junior MemberPosts: 38Gear list
Like?
Re: Jessops goes into administration
In reply to Denis247, Jan 12, 2013

Sad to see Jessops go

All the stores are closing down - Closed now - They are not opening Saturday according to news.

I had some good and bad experiences with Jessops over the years, but mainly good

Trying to place an order for a Sony A77 when the A77 was out of stock in the UK at Jessops was my worst experience. I was happy to be on a waiting list.  I had the cash at the time.

After several attempts ordered elsewhere.  I was still on a waiting list  with a different company but the A77 was shipped within a week.

The best experience was buying a Nikon D300. Knowledgeable staff member and friendly service, They cut a good deal on price and I even managed to get a 18-200mm VR Nikon lens discounted as I bought it at the same time as the camera.

In the last two years I have not purchased a lot from Jessops and they have been struggling for some time.  I was still hoping they could streamline their operation and maintain some shops, but according to the news its not going to happen.

-- hide signature --

Paul Hurditch

Paul Hurdtch's gear list:Paul Hurdtch's gear list
Nikon D40X Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Sony Alpha DSLR-A450 Sony SLT-A55 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow