Am I nuts? Nepal with just the X100.

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
shigzeo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,371Gear list
Like?
Re: Am I nuts? Nepal with just the X100.
In reply to mark finn, Jan 12, 2013

mark finn wrote:

I'm lucky enough to be going to Nepal for three weeks on a work trip, and was going to take my Xpro-1, 18-55 and 35mm. However the closer the trip gets the more I'm drawn to the idea of just taking the X100.

Because it’s a work trip I won't be trekking, and will be spending a lot of time on the streets of Kathmandu and Pokhara. I know the XP-1 will give me more flexibility, but I've never found the fixed lens on the X100 much of a limitation anyway. Plus the X100 can just sit in my day bag in its leather case, whereas the XP-1 will need a proper camera bag.

So what would you do if in my position?

-- hide signature --

Please check out my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/drmark/

I use one focal length for 90% of my shooting: 50mm, and 85mm for the other 10%. I find landscapes for me are best shot tight. It's probably because I've not figured out how to handle a wide angle lens. Though when I do, I shoot 28mm.

The X100 should be all you need as long as you love and respect the focal length you shoot at.

 shigzeo's gear list:shigzeo's gear list
Nikon D200 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7R Fujifilm X-T1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow