Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OlyChamp
Senior MemberPosts: 4,373Gear list
Like?
Wings Over Wairarapa Airshow - technical advice sought - E500
Jan 11, 2013

I have the good fortune to be attending this airshow next weekend.  There is a collection of over 70 aircraft on display, both static and aerial.  The static stuff I have no issue with but the technical aerial shots are what I want advice on for my camera.  I suspect the Zuiko 70-300 will be mounted for the duration so what I am after is advice on preferential settings for either bright sunny conditions or cloudy overcast conditions.  Also seeking advice on setting the shot, i.e. where to set the focal point on moving aircraft and how to quickly get good focus..

I'm asking primarily because I suspect I will go through two fully charged batteries and I don't want to waste shots and miss aircraft later in the day.  I want to get the best shot I can in two or three exposures per aircraft only.

Thanks in advance.

Wings Over Wairarapa Website

Thane

-- hide signature --

The digital image is a dozen or so words
positioned carefully to paint a picture
that challenges the eye
and tricks the mind
into thinking, light is a title
and the palette a taste bud
worth tasting.

OlyChamp's gear list:OlyChamp's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-620 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +2 more
Pentax Optio E50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow