Disappointed with K-30.

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bob Corson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,009Gear list
Like?
Re: Disappointed with K-30.
In reply to Gerry Winterbourne, Jan 11, 2013

Gerry Winterbourne wrote:

2) The next day there were water droplets on the inside and white streaking on/of the LCD

Can we all agree that is a failure

Well, insofar as the camera ceased to work there was a failure of some kind ...

but for the moment lets not lay blame or cause??!!!

.. but if you analyse the sequence of events it is clear that what happened is explained completely by the OP failing to follow the advice in the manual. There's no evidence that the equipment has failed.

Well it may be clear to you but there are a bunch of folks here who are blaming Pentax

So given that what should happen next? Tell you what I do when I have something that fails and is under warranty, I go back to the manufacturer! But that apparently has not happened.

Before concluding that the equipment was faulty the OP sought opinions here. Based on those opinions he seems to have accepted that, while he may have been misled by the advertising, his equipment hadn't failed. So there's no reason to send it back.

Well I disagree. Sounds like there might be permanent damage to the LCD and who knows what else and if it was me and my new camera I would want it checked out and maybe repaired if needed. Send it to the manufacturer and let them tell me what it will cost to repair if its my fault.  Water and electronics don't mix and if there is ANY chance that some of that water is from the water slide who knows what chemicals are in it and what long term damage is being done by not cleaning things up. A reasonable service charge to get it inspected and cleaned up if needed would be well worth it.

Now lets stop all this back and forth arguing the laws of science and slamming of Pentax and hope the OP does the right thing and lets Pentax have a look. Gonna be freezing rain and rain coming think I will go out and see what pictures I can get

If the OP has, in fact, accepted that he'd just be wasting Pentax time and depriving himself of the use of his camera.

It is his choice but one he might regret. Nuff said.

-- hide signature --

Gerry

-- hide signature --

Bob Corson

Bob Corson's gear list:Bob Corson's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow