A 'hidden cost' of being a pro Locked

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
RickD
Contributing MemberPosts: 809Gear list
Re: Its worth it to hire a professional - just like photography
In reply to PenguinPhotoCo, Jan 11, 2013

I agree with everything you say, and you make a great point that computers are taking up more and more of photographers' time.  I was writing so that someone might benefit from my personal experience.  I considered myself pretty good with computers, but used to hate the prospect of upgrading to a new computer because it took so long to load the software and configure the system the way I liked it.  Then someone much more knowledgeable than did this for me via imaging and reduced my pain tremendously. They also helped me set up a network back up system that is secure and painless.  Better ways of doing things come along, and sometimes you don't know what you don't know. Even full time IT professionals have trouble keeping up.  I also wasn't suggesting you get  someone to manage your computer, just to help you upgrade and make sure you are using the best tools to manage it yourself.  This will become increasingly important as image file sizes keep get bigger and bigger.  It doesn't have to take a lot of time or cost a lot of money.  I paid my expert by helping them with their photography.

-- hide signature --

RickD

RickD's gear list:RickD's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow