Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Charuteiro
Contributing MemberPosts: 519
Like?
RFC-EX vs. Raw Therapee
Jan 11, 2013

This is a continuation of posts from another thread, Fuji asks for help with Adobe on X-Trans support.

There is an update to RAW Therapee (RT) for Fujifilm X Trans files.  A comparison of an image created in RFC-EX and RT from the same RAF file is available in a DPR Album.  The RT image presents more colourful detail and clarity than the same from RFC-EX.  The difference appears to be a result of RAF file conversion rather than post-processing tune-up.

Here's the continuation of previous posts:

I downloaded a test file _DSF3174.RAF provided by vkphoto and did a little tune-up using RFC-EX.  FujiColy did the same using an updated version of Raw Therapee and posted a JPEG image in Drop Box.

I found the RT image to have more colourful detail and clarity than my RFC-EX version of the same.  The RFC-EX version seems a little blurry or out of focus.  I could not achieve the same clarity or colourful detail as in the RT image with adjustments to the RAF file using RFC-EX.  So, I zoomed both images to a level for 1600% to see differences between the RFC-EX RAF image and RT JPEG image.  The RT image was viewed on another RFC application as RFC-EX did not open the RT file.

In the album, the first image was tuned-up with RFC-EX.  However, comparisons were made with both the RFC-EX RAF and RT JPEG set to their initial default settings.  The second image is the original RFC-EX RAF as a JPEG, the third the RT JPEG, and fourth a screen shot of the zoom locations.  In the comparisons the first image is from RFC-EX and second RT.

For best results, click the link, click slide show, click full screen or <F11>, click play and use arrow keys to toggle back and forth between images.

==>The DPR Album  RFC vs. RT is here.<==

I’m interested in your comments…

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow