Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lownine
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,235
Like?
Nexus 4 - From Phenom to "Nexus what?"
Jan 11, 2013

Several articles in the last couple of days confirm what I suspected as long ago as about a month.  Google's opportunity with their unlocked Nexus phone (made by LG) is disappearing and quickly.

This thing was hot, hot, hot and universally loved (except for no 4G access.)  One thing highly touted was its pure Android nature with no carrier-added bloat.  Terrible planning and, of all things, glitches in the Google Play ordering process made these things either frustrating (order glitches) or non-existent (unending stock problems.)  It's still, "Out of Stock.  Check back soon."

Time doesn't just march on in the smartphone world.  It's a flying blur powered by rocket boosters.  The next great thing is either here, or introduced, or previewed, or rumored.  It's like my  3rd PC purchase back in 1997.  THIS time I was going to wait for processor development to level off before I committed.  You may recall, that didn't happen.

Anyway, I give Google about a month - two at most - to get their LG problem resolved.  If they're not flying off the shelf in 6 weeks, I bet they announce their "new" whatever and the Nexus 4 slips into oblivion.  "Yes, that's nice", the crowd will say.  "But have you seen that shiny new gizmo!"  I guess they could buy back some enthusiasm with price reductions.  That would work for me.  BUT THEY'VE GOT TO HAVE THEM ON THE SHELF, FIRST!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow