ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eawhitcomb
Regular MemberPosts: 442Gear list
Like?
LR 4.3/Elements 11 & the Sony A99
Jan 11, 2013

Hello,

I'm at my wits end and hope someone can help me.  I thought I finally found my perfect software setup.  I have Elements 10, but I loved the interface on LR 4.3.  So I got LR, and set it up that after RAW processing I right click EDIT WITH and select Elements 10.  So far, so good.  Elements 10 opens, but my picture never shows up (tried using .psd, .jpg, and .tiff -- none of them opened in Elements).  It does create the corresponding file (.psd/.jpg.tiff) in the directory but it doesn't automatically open it in Elements.  Is it supposed to???  Or is it just supposed to open Elements and then I'm supposed to do a File -> Open and go get my image?

My next thought was kind of along the lines of "screw this....I'll just go back to using Elements" because I'm tired of playing around with this.  However, my next problem comes in that neither Elements 10 nor Elements 11 (which I downloaded as a trial) will read the Sony A99 RAW files.

So now it appears I'm stuck.  Is this how my processing has to go (keeping in mind I don't really want to go to a full version of Photoshop....I don't think, unless this becomes too much of a hassle):

1) Import pictures into LR

2) Do RAW processing

3) EDIT WITH Elements 10

4) File Open in Elements 10 and navigate to my picture and do any other processing

I can live with that if this is how it's supposed to work, just want to see if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Elizabeth

Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow