K-30 Overblown exposures

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
il_alexk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,935Gear list
Like?
Re: This is normal for newer Pentax cameras
In reply to Nicols, Jan 11, 2013

Can you please move the frame across the screen to see how the overexposure varies when you move the around the scene?

Anyway, as far as I remember, the overexposure of K10D was consistently below 0.5EV, so that was easily correctable by having a minor EV correction dialled in the camera all the time (I think I used -0.3EV, that worked well 99% of the cases)

The K5, at the other hand, unpredictably overexposures from 0 to 2-3 EV. Even the highlight protection enabled doesn't solve this problem. Having the EV=-2 all the time on K5 is not the option, though I do use EV=-0.7 most of the time to minimize these effects. Of course this requires to spend more time in PP and also removes the advantages of the otherwise fantastic K5 sensor when it comes to noisy high ISO images.

Don't get me wrong, I am not asking for 100% accurate exposures all the time (though that wouldbe nice). A slight overexposure by 0.3 or 0.5EV is perfectly acceptable for me.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Alex

il_alexk's gear list:il_alexk's gear list
Pentax K-5 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow