Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
shady1991
Regular MemberPosts: 207Gear list
Like?
a57 shutter curtain speed (?)
Jan 11, 2013

I took the picture during presentation at the university. We know that projector changes colors sequentially (red green and blue), so at the particular moment the screen is either red blue or green. But look at the picture below:a57 1/4000 s

when the curtain started opening image was blue then became red and at the time of closing it was green. So despite the shutter speed was the 1/4000 second(so each region of image was exposed during 1/4000 second), time that passed from opening to close shutter was much bigger(because exposure started before appearing red channel and ended when read was completely gone ).

I assume that projector's frame rate shouldn't be more then 1/60s i.e. time each color is shown must be 1/180 at most. So I can assume the time of capturing this image was approximately 1/90.

Does anyone know what the full shutter releasing time is? shouldn't this cause rolling shutter effect during stills?

shady1991's gear list:shady1991's gear list
Sony SLT-A57
Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow