Who is going to sell their X100 and update to the S?

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sutto
Regular MemberPosts: 311
Like?
Who is going to sell their X100 and update to the S?
Jan 11, 2013

I actually really prefer the files from my X100 in lightroom than what I am seeing on my Pro1 with the 60mm and 18-55.  You may have seen my other thread, but will be selling the Pro1 when I get back from this Asian trip.  Have missed so many shots because of that camera and the frustration has grown unbearable.   My next trip to Myanmar mid-year will be with my trusty D700 (or an updated equivalent), and the X100.

That was the combination I used last year for 3 months in Cambodia and Myanmar and it worked great.   D700 with 80-200 pro lens, and the X100.   The X100 was wonderful and some of the most striking pic's on the website have been taken with that camera.  The only reason I decided to leave the DSLR home this trip and trial the Pro1 was to save weight, no other reason.  I tried, but it did not work.

I have found the auto focus fine as it is on the X100 and as I mentioned, there is something about the files on Lightroom that look more pleasing than the Pro1.  They certainly take a lot less messing around to get the look I desire from RAW, than the Pro1 files.  If the S will be using the same sensor, not really sure that I am interested.

My question then is - who is going to update their X100 for the new S?  Any of you guys will be keeping your old X100?   Many of the things on the new model look great, but as I said, I rarely ever miss a shot on the X100, so I for one don't see the need to spend the extra cash.  Opinions??

Cheers

Sutto

philipsuttonphotography.com

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow