Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
The Battery
Regular MemberPosts: 190Gear list
Like?
Anyone ever heard of CirclePix?
Jan 11, 2013

I answered a craigs list ad from them for my local area and I am trying to do some research on them before i sign on.

All the bad reviews i read about them really stemed from incompetent photographers.  Basically the photog dosent show up and the insuing customer service experience is horrible.  Lets assume i'll do a good job (that's my un-biased opinion of course).

So, here's their deal:

I pay them $150 and i get their 'special' pano head, training and marketing materials.

I go to local realtors and promote myself as part of circlepix.

I get paid by one of two options.  Option 1 is the first two properties i do for free and the third and up i get paid 70% of the package cost.  Option 2 (my choice) is i do 5 properties and get paid 30% of the package cost and the 6th and up is 70%.

I'm not looking to get rich off of this.  I have a full time job so i wouldnt want to do more then 5 per month anyway.  This is really only a way for me to gain experience and a little extra money.

Looking at this defensively, lets say I get no business from them.  That means i'm only out $150.  If their special pano head isnt crap, then i've got an ok pano head, so i'm only out (lets be optimistic and say) $50 if the pano head is worth $100.  If i do X number of properties (i think it'll be 5 at the lowest package price) to recoupe the $150.

As far as time comitment on my part, avg. 1 hour for the shoot and i dont have to do any PP or stiching.  I have all the gear to do it so i dont need to purchase anything other then their 'special' pano head.

Thoughts?  Does it sound like a scam?  Anything i'm not thinking of?

Thanks in advance.

The Battery's gear list:The Battery's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow