i love the vivid and sharp colors of thos shots, but i cant achive it with my sx50 hs.

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stephen Ingraham
Regular MemberPosts: 404Gear list
Like?
Re: i love the vivid and sharp colors of thos shots, but i cant achive it with my sx50 hs.
In reply to silentext, Jan 11, 2013

You can not, and should not attempt to, save a "bad" photo in post processing, but any "good" digital image file, from any camera, can be improved in post processing...in fact, they all need at least a little contrast adjustment and sharpening.

I like Canon cameras because they produce a file, straight out of camera, that responds well in Lightroom to produce the kinds of images I enjoy. To me the sooc file is like the negative in old fashioned film based photography, and the final image which I post or share (or print) is the print. Between negative and print comes processing. Processing is part of my creative process from the beginning. When pre-visualizing in the field with camera in hand, what I see in my mind's eye, is the image I know I can make in Lightroom from the file the camera captures.

So, I think your images can be improved with post processing.

I use Lightroom, as I find it a lot more intuitive than PhotoShop. I also use PhotoShop Elements. Version 11 is getting very good...and has more of the interactive nature of Lightroom built in (live real-time preview of changes in particular).

It takes time to learn either program, but once you get the hang of it, either will do an excellent job. Lightroom is always going to be faster than PSE since it was built for a professional workflow...but either will get the job done.

Stephen Ingraham's gear list:Stephen Ingraham's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Alpha NEX-3N NEX5R Olympus OM-D E-M10 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow