Aperture slowing down on 2.66Ghz iMac

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Paul_R_H
Contributing MemberPosts: 748
Like?
Re: Aperture slowing down on 2.66Ghz iMac
In reply to MrMojo, Jan 11, 2013

Thanks both of you.

The MBA has a smaller library and probably different graphics chip. I use it to download and work on shots while I'm still away, then when I get home export that shoot project as a library to the iMac and do the final edits there, merging that project into my main library and usually deleting from the MBA once backed up safely to another drive too. I just prefer the iMac's much bigger screen for final tweaks of density and colour.

But the MBA really does get along quite nicely even though I often do quite heavy edits: a couple of separate curves in separate brushed regions, an alteration of WB, maybe even sharpening and NR in regions - though those last two really are hard work for the computer.

Seems that maxing out the iMac's memory is the way to go, as well as backing up the main HD, re-installing everything but keeping a lot of other content offboard so it stays fairly empty. I've looked at youtube videos of swapping out the HD in an iMac and it looks like something for advanced students only.

Paul

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow