Well, I am back . . . for better or worse. :)

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
A Owens
Senior MemberPosts: 2,032
Like?
Re: Well, I am back . . . for better or worse. :)
In reply to Steve Bingham, Jan 11, 2013

Steve Bingham wrote:

Due to a very recent decision to go to with 24" x 36" wrap around prints, which requires 28" x 40" prints, I have decided to go home to the full frame D800e. My original decision to stick with the WONDERFUL D7000 was that my prints were routinely 16" x 24". That is no longer the case, as it seems huge wrap-arounds are rapidly becoming the new norm. I will miss the DX forum, but as a photographer, even in retirement, I still desire to sell prints. Imagine.

As an older citizen, of 76, I also choose to not travel thousands of miles for "the shot". Therefore, I will be sticking to the wonderful four corner areas of Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, and Colorado. A great area for scenics.

So guess what? I will be going back to scenics. (Oh no! Yes! Aarrggg) Ghost towns served me well, but every photographer needs to do what he can do. I can no longer travel thousands of miles for a shot.

You can, however, bet your ass that I will give it my all. Goal: 5-10 prints suitable for gallery hanging - per year.

By the way, this was not an inexpensive decision - but, heck, how long do I have? I LOVE photography and everything about it, always have, always will.

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

well good on you mate and for what it is worth I think you are doing exactly the right thing for exactly the right reasons.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow