Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Re: Canon's Digital Photo Pro v. 3.11 Explained
In reply to Y0GI, Jan 11, 2013

Y0GI wrote:

Dinsy wrote:

Y0GI wrote:

Dinsy wrote:

Thanks! I've updated to v3.12.40.0, and have been using the HDR tool quite a bit, mostly for one-shot adjustments, but I've had one go with the compositing tool and came up with a travesty! So I'll have a read.

I've had some pretty good results with the HDR Tool working on a single raw image. Also tried making 3 .JPGs from one RAW and using the HDR Tool on the resulting .JPGs but that wasn't as good as the single RAW HDR.

My first attempt with Compositing was terrible! This is a MUCH more complicated tool to work with, and I wish that the tutorial had more info.

-- hide signature --

Yogi
When you get down to the nuts and bolts of photography, the results depend on the 'nut' behind the camera!
See the 'Gear List' in my 'Profile' for my current equipment.
Check out WilbaW's beginner FAQs at - http://snipurl.com/RebelFAQ

Yes, I like using the HDR tool on a single RAW image. I especially like using it if there's metal in the image. Here's a couple of examples, if you're interested:

Nice!

What settings did you use?

-- hide signature --

Yogi
When you get down to the nuts and bolts of photography, the results depend on the 'nut' behind the camera!
See the 'Gear List' in my 'Profile' for my current equipment.
Check out WilbaW's beginner FAQs at - http://snipurl.com/RebelFAQ

Aah! Good question! I can't remember the exact settings, but for metal I usually put the contrast as high as possible (it seems to be quite subtle compared to the normal contrast adjustments), then I increase the strength slider and find that keeping the smoothness slider a little higher gives a reasonable effect. Then some playing around with the fineness, and finally the brightness and saturation. So it's all pretty hit and miss.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow