ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,107Gear list
Like?
Anyone for a 15mm TS lens?
Jan 11, 2013

Hi,

One site has suggested that Fuji may offer a 15mm 3.5 TS lens for the X system. I don't know what credibility can be given to this, but it would be interesting......

I like photography with movements and it's a significant factor for me to move to APSC mirror-less. You can buy inexpensive shift adapters or tilt adapters for many lens mounts and use FF lenses to gain modest but useful movements. I don't understand why more people aren't using them.

Given the open availability of the adapters, I don't know what Fuji would see as the advantage of producing a native X mount TS lens. Perhaps credibility for the X system. However, they're expensive and I suspect that people would be more likely to use adapters because you can adapt any FL you like. You don't get AF, but then no-one has ever made an AF TS lens anyway. Why would you bother??

My thoughts are that it's highly unlikely. Time will tell, and there's a years worth of lens development on the road map already.

Cheers, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-T1
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow