Donald B
Senior MemberPosts: 2,837Gear list
Like?
Re: mixed photos from my holidays
In reply to Mikedigi, Jan 11, 2013

Mikedigi wrote:

Donald B wrote:

Hi everyone just a mixed bag from fz150-xz1

I like them all. The "How?" pic for me is the first one and I'm guessing it was close macro not tele-macro, resting your wrists on the grass, using the LCD swivelled and spot-focussing on the eyes? f6.3 for depth of field. Very clever.

And the eyes are great . . . look as if they were borrowed from a cat.

Not easy, and excellent, anyway.

Mike

thanks Mike,

close guess. this crab showed up from nowhere, grabbed the 150 screwed the canon 500d macro filter on, mounted the camera on a mini tripod 100mm above the ground. and moved around for the perfect lighting effect which makes all the difference, the filter gives a great 500mm working distance and fantastic out of focus blurr (eat your hearts out dslr owners) love this combination and can easily match my k7 with a 105 2.5 macro attached. the swivel screen is awsome i will never buy another camera with out one. the 150 also give more control than my slr with much faster shutter speeds for dof control.

cheers don

-- hide signature --

another year has gone, just cleared my 200 gallery images will start all over again, thanks to everyone that took the time to look.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow