Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ryan Williams
Contributing MemberPosts: 592
Like?
Re: Steve Huff - X100S
In reply to nawknai, Jan 11, 2013

nawknai wrote:

Photozopia wrote:

Considering the lengthy hatchet job he did on the original - mainly AF issues - only to recant when it proved an industry 'darling' amongst better, more renowned, reviewers - I'll pass on his opinions.

My (most recent) claim to fame is that the Huff banned me from his site when I suggested the X100 was far too complex a tool for his abilities ... and that it was he, not the camera, that failed to deliver the goods!

I wouldn't have a problem with Huff not liking the original X100 if he was a good reviewer, and even a decent photographer. He's just another guy on the internet with an opinion --- just like me, and just like you.

His opinion must resonate with quite a few people. Then again, same with Rockwell, and yet I don't see any reason to like him either.

That's exactly it. He's just a dude on the internet with a blog — any of us can do the same thing. That's why it's important to not read into what he says too much or get bent out of shape about it. It's the same as reading rattymouse's blog or something: you might disagree with him or think what he says is garbage, but he's perfectly entitled to say it and you're the one choosing to check out his blog. If you don't like it, don't read it and won't whine about how much you don't like it either.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow