Nikon tacky advertising in canada

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
antoineb
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,160Gear list
Like?
We get similar tacky stuff here as well ;-)
In reply to Jon Stock, Jan 11, 2013

Jon Stock wrote:

There was a 4 page insert in Canadian newspapers this week. They spent money on heavy paper and full color advertising but their marketing was tacky. In large print on the cover:

TWO LETTERS DEFINE WHO YOU ARE AS A PHOTOGRAPHER.

FX

Who needs talent or artistic ability when you have Visa? LOL

-- hide signature --

Jon

Hi Jon,

Nikon are doing something similar around here - all the talk is about FX.  This is clearly, in their mind, the new marketing gimmick, they're hoping to lure enough existing APS-C DSLR owners to FX for all that this implies in higher margin on the camera, and future lens sales.

It's the latest gimmick after years of the megapixel race.

When I see this, I am even more convinved that I'll never buy another DSLR, and certainly not FX.  I don't want a camera that's even bigger and heavier and conspicuous, that requires even larger lenses, and that still can't AF precisely w/o needing adjustments and can't AF in contrast-detect faster than a 5 year old compact camera, and can't film with AF or capture stereo sound.

antoineb's gear list:antoineb's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Olympus TG-610 Nikon D7000 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow