Just bought the Sony NEX-6

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
CosmoZooo
Regular MemberPosts: 447
Like?
Re: Just bought the Sony NEX-6
In reply to calterg, Jan 11, 2013

Just a habit from shooting for clients, they won't understand or accept why I shot everything on one card. Seen a few pros lose clients from card failure.

Video is for the most part longer and intentional, for which I would use a dedicated sd card. This is of course not always practical, just something to consider.

Personally I would max at 16GB.

Well as a pro with clients that makes perfect sense...good decision. For me, for personal use as an amateur (no one in their right mind would pay me to take photos :)) I'd go 64GB but I have two 32 cards so I am OK.

I don't haul my laptops on vacations anymore and I can't exactly transfer the files to a tablet that has even less space then I do with cards. Btw there should be some portable drives on the market with the ability to transfer files from the card without a computer...wouldn't be a bad thing for a pro to have around. Fill the card and pop it into a good size drive to backup.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow