fusion drive question for new mac

Started Dec 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
qstudios
Junior MemberPosts: 25Gear list
Like?
Re: fusion drive question for new mac
In reply to RudivanS, Jan 11, 2013

I agree with webfrasse, I have a 27" with the 3TB Fusion and it runs wonderfully! Way better than my 3yr old PC with 7200 RAID0 drives. Just to hedge my bets though I added an external thunderbolt enclosure with a 500GB SSD to use as a scratch disk for video and photo editing as needed. So far though I have been running everything on the Fusion without incident or performance hit.

If you are worried about drive failure of this setup then add some backup solutions for the data. You can go with an apple time machine or other solutions. My full setup includes a FW800 Drobo for local backup and crashplan for off-site backup. So, I am covered to keep the system mainly with OS+programs and working files, the rest is off-loaded.

Either way the Fusion is a great mid-range option if you can't cost justify the on-board SSD. You also have the option when the device is out of warranty to open her up and upgrade it to full SSD's as prices decline....YMMV

qstudios's gear list:qstudios's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow