Warning: Weak plastic buckles on E-5 strap

Started Aug 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Olyhal
Forum MemberPosts: 90Gear list
Like?
Re: Suggestion,not cheap but inexpensive.
In reply to Da Bear, Jan 11, 2013

Hi Everyone,

Haven't posted much lately but still read what's going on.

Okay I would like you to know that both my buckles have broken on the E5. Not at the same time thank goodness, and I replaced them with the buckles off my ten year old E1 strap.

The E1 buckles work fine. I was reading this thread about the buckles and I think there was another thread earlier so I was aware of the problem. Because of this thread I now have the Crumpler Industry Disgrace Strap which will be my everyday strap now as it is so comfortable carrying the E5 with grip and 50-200 or 35-100.

Now to the other side of the story, I contacted Olympus Australia and actually spoke to the Service Manager about this problem. As the same reply from other countries they had not heard of the problem. So he got me to send a photo of the broken buckles, plus the serial number of the camera and also a link to this very thread and it was forwarded onto Japan.

Reading the link will obviously tell them that this problem is quite common for those carrying heavy gear. I haven't received any reply yet but here's hoping they respond positively.

-- hide signature --

Howard T.

Olyhal's gear list:Olyhal's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 25mm 1:2.8 Pancake +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow