A-99 and understanding the auto focus ?

Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Trevor_S
Regular MemberPosts: 229Gear list
Like?
Re: A-99 and understanding the auto focus ?
In reply to copejorg1, Jan 11, 2013

copejorg1 wrote:

The second incentive to give the default configuration a try is because of the focus peaking feature.

I have recently acquired a nice used Sony 100mm macro lens, so decided to go out and do some testing in regards different focus methods.

I put the camera into manual focus mode (the front selector button/dial), focus peaking is great, sort of but I must be doing something wrong though.  I frame, and then want to  to zoom in while in manual focus to get a better handle on the focus but when I hit the zooming in "button", it stipulates on screen that this does not work when I am in either RAW or RAW+JPG mode ?  I much prefer to shoot raw for this sort of thing.

Have I set something up incorrectly, surely I can zoom in regardless of the image setting ?

I end up with this

but am not particulary happy with it.  As an aside, I don't really rate the lens.

Trevor_S's gear list:Trevor_S's gear list
Nikon D300 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow