XZ2 or OMD

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stan Powers
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,579Gear list
Like?
Re: What about this mindset.....
In reply to Ben Herrmann, Jan 11, 2013

Ben Herrmann wrote:

I have long recommended that at a minimum (provided you can afford this), one should have both a DSLR (or m4/3) and an advanced P&S. There will be many a time where you will have wished you brought along a DSLR for a variety of reasons - i.e. speed (both in AF/tracking and write times), lens flexibility, and the ability to capture much better high ISO shots.

But there will be other times when having a smallish, advanced all-in-one model would do the trick the best of 'em all.

That's why I always suggest to folks that having at least one of each would would be ideal. Additionally, if you got the OMD (or E-PL5) and the XZ-2, you'd have a very smiliar color tonality, ergonomics, menu layout and much more.

But in this case, to opt for one over the other is really like comparing having a 2 seater sports car to let's say an SUV. Yes, both are different - but each one has capabilities that the other doesn't. But having both provides an ideal balance for all that might come your way.

Just my 2 cents worth.....

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Bernd (Ben) W. Herrmann
North Carolina, USA
link

my only edit to this thoughtful advice would be:

...one should have both a DSLR and a m4/3 and an advanced P&S.

if and when ยต4/3 can deliver the C-AF of the top-notch dSLRs then perhaps Ben's more wallet friendly version will suffice...

-- hide signature --

Too Much Gear - Too Litte Time!
http://picasaweb.google.com/akasrp

Stan Powers's gear list:Stan Powers's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D300 Olympus E-M1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow