What is the point of the HYBRID OVF?

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ray Sachs
Senior MemberPosts: 8,784Gear list
Like?
Re: What is the point of the HYBRID OVF?
In reply to bugeyed, Jan 11, 2013

bugeyed wrote:

Wow. I had assumed that the X-Pro1 OVF was the same as the X-100, so I went & looked at a review. No mention of the size comparison, but I did learn that it is not a zooming OVF! The OVF in my Contax G1 changes magnification with the lens & I again assumed that the X-P1 did the same. Am I missreading that the only thing that changes with the lens is the framelines? I understand there are 2 levels of mag., but the OFV doesn't actually zoom to the field of view? The G1 OVF is small & dim, but looks to have been a functionally superior design.

It is basically the same as the OVF in the X100, except its not quite as large or bright because it has a tougher job to do with multiple lenses and two levels of magnification.  But the function and options of the X-Pro OVF are identical to that on the X100.

How many different lenses did the G1 a have to cope with? Just one, built in zoom lens right? A little easier to design for than interchangeable lenses. Sounds like the X20 might be more along the lines you're looking for, with a fixed zoom lens.

I just think that things should work the way I expect them to.

Well, then you're probably gonna have to design 'em and bring them to market yourself.

-Ray
-------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/collections/72157626204295198/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow