Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Buchanan
Contributing MemberPosts: 837Gear list
Like?
Suggestions for shooting team picture
Jan 11, 2013

Since I shoot the games for the 3 girls basketball teams at our high school I've been asked to do the team pictures.  Will be 10-12 girls, 1 or 2 coaches, and 2 trainers in each team's group shot.  No experience at this so any suggestions are welcome.  Will be in a gym with pretty good lighting and they'll wear royal blue uniforms.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.  I know I won't want to shoot too shallow a depth of field.

Will be using 5D3 and up till now all my experience with it has been with 70-200 lenses.  I recently got the EF24-105 F/4, the EF 50 1.4, and the EF 35 f/2 (non IS).  Have hardly used them so far.  Seems like any of the 3 would be capable for this project; which would you choose?  (I know the primes seem a bit redundant but at $299 new for the 50 and $205 refurb for the 35 I couldn't pass them up; also the 35 will work better on my 60D than the 50).

Thanks

Buchanan's gear list:Buchanan's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +11 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow