Michel J wrote:

Hi,

Ask Pete Ganzel:

http://www.pbase.com/pganzel/stuff_im_working_on

And let us know...

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Michel J
« Having the latest gear is nice, but great photographers don't have to have it. They can shoot good stuff with anything »

Wow! What a guy. I'll let you know what I learn... thanks for the link!

your welcome!

As you can see, Pete converted Rokkor lenses to AF E-mount (but of course without auto-focus^^)

Pay attention to the fact that there was not only one technical reason to change mounting, but also the fact that large computers having become cheaper, they recalculated all the optical formulas and the quality of lenses made a big step ahead, according to this disruptive technology (in the early eighties). Only a few old ones can still be compared a tad but with stopping down, of course (the PG serie was the best, PF was also good).

I didn't understand exactly why you wanted to do that, but it seems to be that it would be much easier to modify an AF lenses for your needs, rather than to adapt an old one. And you can take benefit of new optic formula...
Btw, some early eighties AF lenses (84-87) are cheap and very good

Cheers,
--
Michel J
« Having the latest gear is nice, but great photographers don't have to have it. They can shoot good stuff with anything »

Michel J's gear list:Michel J's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow