$2.00 Wired Release from Found Objects....

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BobORama
Senior MemberPosts: 1,615Gear list
Like?
$2.00 Wired Release from Found Objects....
Jan 11, 2013

I'm not posting any astro pics yet.... sorry to disappoint.   But I have just borrowed an old AC driven German equatorial mount ( from The Criterion Dynascope RV-6 Telescope ) and will be refurbishing the slip clutch which allows you reposition the scope.   Unfortunately the clutch slips occasionally so the drive motor is not engaged at random intervals.   Easy fix, but ruins the photos....

ANYWAY....  I realized last night a needed a wired remote to activate the shutter.   In looking around the garage I had an old earpiece from a 2004 Blackberry ( 3/32" stereo cable ), the outer plastic sleeve from a hypodermic syringe ( don't ask! ) and a $2 pushbutton toggle switch from Radio Shack.

Pressing the button partway triggers the shutter.   Pressing it all the way, of course, toggles the shutter on / off - which is great for Bulb mode or continuous shooting.   Plus if "feels good in the hand."

MacGyver, eat your heart out!

BobORama's gear list:BobORama's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sigma 10mm F2.8 EX DC HSM Diagonal Fisheye Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow