Focus-Stacking with the Raynox-250

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stephen Barrett
Contributing MemberPosts: 514Gear list
Like?
Re: Focus-Stacking with the Raynox-250
In reply to Lewis, Jan 11, 2013

Lewis wrote:

How many hours to get to that last image? And now that you have your macro rig set up, how long will it take you from setup to finished stack image?

Thanks Lewis,
It actually didn't take very long at all.  I don't have a remote trigger, so I use the timer to avoid vibration.  I took about 4 photos per minute, turning the screw 1/8 turn between each one.  It only took about 20 minutes to get the photos.  Then it took a few minutes to stack the photos with Zerene Stacker.  I have a 30-day trial version from: http://zerenesystems.com/stacker/
After cropping away the blurred edges, the whole process took about half an hour.  The LP grooves have been magnified a lot, but I feel that all the power of the Raynox 250 is sort of wasted on them.  What I really like is little hairy insects and flowers.  I think I'll buy my wife some flowers.  She'll think I'm romantic, but it'll just be an excuse to have something interesting to photograph.

Stephen Barrett's gear list:Stephen Barrett's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX30 IS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow