GH3 & Auto-ISO

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
snapster
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Re: GH3 & Auto-ISO
In reply to NumberOne, Jan 11, 2013

I had this problem on the GH1 and now that I have the GH3 am disappointed it hasnt been fixed especially with the improved ISO performance.  I want to be able to set a minimum aperture and minimum speed and let the camera select the ISO.

A common application for me is shooting macro where I want to set the aperture for DOF purposes and speed for movement. On the GH1 I ended up using Shutter priority mode, selecting an ISO that I knew would work, set the shutter speed and let the aperture be selected by the camera. Not ideal but may not be as much of a problem with the GH3 with its higher ISO range.

Still think the solution is to have an option for the camera to select the ISO based on an A and S combination, sort of like a super P mode where you set both S and A. As others have pointed out, this was not possible in film but we've moved on.

-- hide signature --

Paul

snapster's gear list:snapster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow